The DVB-H standard is a standard based on both the DVB and DVB-T standards. DVB-H system is not a simple data broadcast and DVB-T fusion together, mainly because DVB-H standard supports small terminals such as cell phones, their antennas are more compact and more flexible to move. Therefore, DVB-H transmission system also has the following special requirements:
(1) Since the receiving terminal is battery-powered, the terminal should be able to periodically turn off some of the receiving circuits to save power consumption in order to improve battery life.
(2) for roaming users, when the user into the new area should still be able to very smoothly receive DVB-H services;
(3) The transmission system should ensure the smooth reception of DVB-H services at various mobile rates for different reception modes such as indoor, outdoor, walking and traveling.
(4) In an environment filled with large amounts of pulsed interference, the transmission system should be able to take effective measures to reduce the effects of such interference.
(5) As a general service specification of hand-held terminal, DVB-H should provide sufficient flexibility to meet different transmission bandwidth and channel bandwidth applications.
Finally, it should be pointed out that the DVB-H standard is mobile communication and multimedia services, mainly for the preparation of television broadcasting, video compression technology is therefore crucial to it.